Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

1st appointment

Well we just got back from our first appointment. Things went really well. I think Zig was a little overwhelmed because they basically spent the whole time asking us a billion questions about our genetic history. Overall I am really glad he came. It gave him the chance to meet the doctor and make sure he is as comfortable with her as I am. Plus, it is always good to have a second set of ears in there to ask questions you may not think of otherwise.

We did have a little bit of a scare last night. When I came home from work yesterday I noticed I was spotting a little bit and cramping, as well. It wasn't so much cramping, as tightness in my belly. Luckily, I had read up about my pregnancy way before I even got pregnant and I knew that this was common. Still, it was really hard for me to reassure myself that everything was ok. You can tell yourself that if it does happen, that you will stay calm, but when the time comes, it isn't that easy. Anyway, the doctor said that it was normal and she checked my cervix to make sure it was still nice and closed, which it was. She did order ultrasound to give us more reassurance. She said she was not concerned, but I think she has the mentality that it will ease her patients mind just to have visual that everything really is OK. I feel so much better and haven't had any more spotting since last night, so we know all is A-okay. It is pretty exciting that we will get to see the "baby" tomorrow. It is still too early to see the heartbeat, and really all that we will likely see is the gestational sac, but that is enough for me to be a believer.

As for my due date, it is still based on my LMP. It will be that way till baby and my uterus get a little bigger, but as of right now we definitely have a little Turkey in the oven. Due date is still 11/27, so that puts us at 5 weeks 5 days! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment