Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Hormones part duex

Reading my dear husbands post below, I think he sugar coated it just a little bit! I feel like a crazy up and down kinda gal these days. It's true, one moment I will be happy and the next I can be full of tears. I am just grateful that he has been by my side because he has been such a positive support system in my life. Actually all of our family has been. I am the one is Negative Nelly. So lately, since it seems like I have been really negative about this whole experience, I wanted to quote something my husband said to me in an email earlier today, because it made a pretty huge impact in my attitude.


"We should stop worrying about what “might” happen and just worry about what “is” happening (or what is actually worth worrying about)…I support you 100% all the time, but I don’t want the joy of our new addition to be clouded by the what if’s!!! It just takes away from the whole thing."


So from this point forward that is exactly what I will try and do. I will no longer constantly dwell on what might be happening inside my body and I will no longer worry about the possibility of losing the baby. Yes, 10-15% of pregnancies will end in miscarriage, but you know what 85-90% result in a healthy pregnancy. That's a huge number and I will no longer be the statistic. I will still be honest about how I am feeling and what is going on inside my crazy mind because really that is the point of this blog. We want to look back and see all the hard times and all the great moments so we can remember what we went through and how hard we worked for the baby. This is what we wanted and I know it is going to be hard. Even though it doesn't seem like it now, I am so excited for what's to come. And if I have to throw up every day just to be rewarded one day with being able to hold my baby, then it was all worth it! But I will no longer worry about the "what ifs". We are having a baby, this is our time.


PS...in case you were wondering about our banisters, here is the finished product!


Doesn't it look awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment