Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Thursday, July 30, 2009

We will miss you Nana...

Yesterday was a very hard day. We lost our Nana early yesterday morning. She has been sick for a long time, and fought for even longer. It was her time and she was ready to go. I know she is in a much better place, but we will miss her with all of our hearts. I am so glad she is no longer in pain and she is finally at peace. She was a one of a kind lady with such a unique sense of humor. She was silly and sarcastic and she was one of the most thoughtful people I have ever known. I will miss getting her letters in the mail (always addressed to "Mrs. S.P Ziegler" after we were married) and seeing her smiling face every time we go for a visit.

I am just so sad that I never really got to say good bye. Zig and I went to visit her in the hospital a few weeks back and it was one of the hardest visits I have ever had. She was so tiny in that big bed, but she still had her sense of humor. I remember her telling me that she could tell I was getting "fat around the middle" and all I could do was laugh because that was such a funny Nana comment. She always said what was on her mind and would never hold back from telling the truth. We are very happy that we shared our name with her that day and that she approved and said it was a very sweet name. I enjoyed talking with her for the 2 hours that we just sat there joking with her. I will never forget her "list" of things that she wanted before she died and that we never were able to get some of them for her, mostly because some of the things on there were jokes that she knew would make us smile. We left that day telling her that we loved her more than anything in the world and that we would see her again soon. Truth is, I didn't see her again. Zig did, because he is an amazing grandson and was so strong to be able to stand by her side. It was too hard for me and I honestly I didn't want to remember Nana that way, when she was so sick.

So here is to Nana, Thank you for all the laughs. We love you so much and know that you are watching over us still up in Heaven. You were an amazing woman, and you will be missed. Thank you for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment