Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Monday, July 6, 2009

As promised!

It's picture time! We got all the ultrasound pictures scanned in. She was only 18 weeks when we got the u/s so a lot of her facial features aren't as developed as they would be if we had it done a little later, but she still looks pretty cute to me. It will be interesting to see whose facial features she gets. Anyway, enjoy!


Here she is all curled up. According to the tech, she is laying sideways and her back is to the front of my stomach. I am sure she has moved since then, but basically she is kicking all my internal organs and could probably explain my lower back pain. :) It's all worth though!


Look at this sweet little baby foot! I love it!


Her she is on the non 3d. Amazing the difference. The first one she is all curled up and the second is of one of her arms and her little legs all stretched out.


Finally, the gender shot. The little arrow does the talking....



On to the weekly update and the belly pics now. I added a little survey thing too that I have seen on other blogs that looked like fun. So, here we are, 19 weeks along!





"Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might actually get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature. "


How far along? 19 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: I am still down 5 lbs. from my pre pregnancy weight, but I think at one point I was down almost 8 or 9 pounds so it is getting better.

Maternity clothes? Pants only. I have been able to get away with some shirts that are just loose in the mid section. Some of my pre pregnancy pants fit, but they are getting a little uncomfortable.

Stretch marks? None on my tummy. I went through a growth spurt after college (I call it that, really I just got pretty chunky) and I had some on my hips. They have since faded and turned white so you can't see them, but the other day, I think I found a new one branching off an old one. I am hoping I was just imagining things because I pray my ass isn't getting any bigger than it already is.

Sleep: Well, ever since my fantastic husband bought me my snoogle it has been better. I mainly get up now because I have to go to the bathroom. Sometimes I wake up and my ear hurts, which could be a good sign because it means I had slept in one position for a while comfortably. Still trying to get used to that. I apparently used to toss and turn a lot.

Best moment this week: Well, it is Monday, but I am going to say that my best moment so far this week was getting to meet Cissy and Brad's son, Austin. He is literally the tiniest baby I have ever seen. It is debatable who is bigger, Abby or Austin. He is so tiny and perfect. I could have held him all day!

Movement: I don't know. Everyone tells me I will know when I feel her, but I have been having a ton of flutters lately. I am not saying I feel it till I really know I have felt it. Sometimes I think I feel her move and I sit really still and then all I feel is my heart, gong gong..gong gong..gong gong in my chest. For some reason, I am in touch with my heart beating more than before.

Food cravings:None-weird I know. I don't crave anything...

Gender: Girl!

Labor Signs: None, thankfully

Belly Button in or out? In. I don't think it will ever pop out. More than anything it will get flat.
What I miss: My sister and not waking up in the middle of the night to go pee.

What I am looking forward to: Feeling the baby!

Milestones: I'm almost half way there!
Sorry for the long post. I am going to try and post more than once a week, so I don't bore you all out of your minds!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I just have to post again about how great the u/s pics are! What a cutie. :) It's so funny to compare the u/s pics to the pics once she is born. You're like HEY! that DOES look like her!

    And apparently once you're a mom you have to tell other mom to bes about your own experience so here are a few. We felt movement for the first time at 19 weeks. It was the day after Thanksgiving. I said, I THINK I FELT THE BABY! (she was still an it for us at this point) and Heath felt it to so I'm praying you feel those little flutters soon. It's not much as first, but just you wait until they are full fledge kicks. Then, if you go more than an hour or so without feeling something you start to freak out (at least I did). I was always like, "I haven't felt the baby in an hour." And then 10 mins later she'd go crazy.

    I never really craved anything either. Early I craved Fruity Pebbles and then hated them and the box sat in the pantry for months til I finally threw it out. I had an aversion to ice cream-thought it tasted like mayo and was so disgusted by it (I LOVE LOVE LOVE it usually). But now that she is here, ice cream is the only thing that makes her fussy so it makes me wonder if not liking it during pregnancy was her way of saying it wouldn't sit well with her.

    Anyway, all that to tell you a bit about our experience. I am soooo excited for you and Zig and this little girly to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute! Enjoy the next 20 weeks..they'll go fast! :)

    ReplyDelete