Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Anniversary!

Two years ago, yesterday, Zig and I tied the knot in a private villa in Ocho Rios, Jamaica with over 40 of our closet family and friends. It was truly an amazing day and more than I could have asked for, especially for planning the whole thing hundreds of miles away and never really seeing tangibly the decisions we made. We really put our trust in our wedding planner's hands, and she did not let us down!

On that day, I didn't think it was possible to love Zig anymore. I already loved him till my heart was bursting at it's seams, but the truth is, I fall more and more in love with him everyday! We have so much fun with eachother and he is such an amazing man. He is so good to me, even these days when I know I am a little high maintenance. He would never tell me no when I ask him in the middle of the night to get up and get me water, even though I tell him no to his requests at least 10 times a day. I don't know why, but him asking me to go upstairs and get 3 hangers was the end of the world for me yesterday. I am sorry babe, I am working on it!

By choice, we had a really low key anniversary. We decided that going to Ireland was our gift to eachother. While this is our 2nd wedding anniversary, Zig and I have really been celebrating anniversary's for our relationship for 9 years now. After that long, there is no need for all the fancy stuff, just being with eachother and making sure that we know what the other means to us is enough. I don't need fancy flowers to know my husband loves me. (In fact, and we stopped with the flowers a while back. I am one of the few weird women of the world who is not a fan of cut flowers. Instead, my husband has been known to buy me a potted plant instead and I love it!) So we basically hung out all day, did a little shopping for Cissy's shower, I laid out in my mom's pool for a bit while he went to visit Dad, and we ended the night by going to see a movie. I don't know what I enjoyed more, the movie or the nachos that Zig bought me while we were there! May seem like a boring anniversary to some, but we are simple people and we don't need much.

So long story short, this message is for Zig. Thank you for everything that you have done for me not only in the 9 years that I have known you, but in the last 2 years of our marriage! With you, I grow everyday (now literally), and I learn so much about who I am and who we are as a couple. Two years ago I read the poem "Love," by Roy Croft and those words mean so much more to me now, than they meant the day I read them to you overlooking the ocean on our special day. This is a big year of changes for us, lovie, but I wouldn't want to spend this time with anyone but you. I love you, I love you, I love you. You are my world and I don't know what I would do without you. You are what makes me, me and I thank you for that. I am so lucky to have you in my life and that you chose me to live happily ever after with!

Here are some pictures from our wedding. It really is hard to believe that was 2 years ago! I love how happy everyone looks in the 3rd picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment