Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Doctor's appointment

We were originally scheduled to meet with the doctor on Wednesday, but she had a conflict in her schedule and her nurse called while we were on vacation to tell me she had to move it to today. It was kind of a bummer because today was our first day back to work, and therefore Zig couldn't make it. It wasn't a big deal really. I was there for about 5 minutes.

I am down 8 lbs from from my first appointment. My doctor didn't seem overly concerned, but she said now that I am in the 2nd trimester I need to start forcing myself to eat. It's not that the baby is malnourished, the baby is taking everything he/she needs, but more if I don't make sure and eat enough I will get sick. None of the nutrients from the food I am putting in is going to me at this point. So I am doing my best, but nothing sounds good. Right now all I can really stomach is watermelon, grapes and salads. I guess it is not a bad thing, because all of these things are really healthy choices, but I need the protein. I am going to start drinking protein shakes to make up for the lack of meat I am getting.

I also got to hear the heartbeat again today. She found it right away. It was really neat. The heartbeat was about 160bpm. Still pretty fast. She said the normal rate is 120-160, but she was not worried. I am still considered to be early and it will likely slow down over the next few weeks.

I talked to her about the gender u/s today and she said she prefers to do it around 19-21 weeks. That puts me in early-mid July. I am hoping I will find out closer to 19 weeks. Don't worry Rebecca, I am still working on it for your birthday. :)

I haven't started taking any pictures yet, because really there is nothing to see. Some days I feel really bloated, but all my work pants and jeans still fit. Maybe I will take one starting this week when I am 14 weeks and then every week from there. It is hard because I am in the phase where I don't really look pregnant, but more like I have been hitting up Dunkin Donuts a little too much.

On a final note, I told work today. It feels good now that more people know. Plus, I need to start scheduling my jobs for next year and I am sure managers and partners are happy that I am doing everything I can to work take as much maternity leave as I can and still keep my clients happy. At this point, I am planning on taking 3 months off, but we will have to see how much vacation time I have then. Plus I want a little bit of a cushion for sick days and doctors appointments. Well that is it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment