Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The big u/s is scheduled!

That's right people, in 5 short days, we will know what were are having! Yep, Monday at 4 is the big day. We are so excited. Everything went great at our appointment today. We ended up doing the genetic screening for downs and neural tubal defect. We debated about this for weeks, but I ended up getting the bloodwork done last week. At first we were hesitant to get it done. I have heard that those tests come back with lots of false positives and we didn't want to worry ourselves. We would never terminate anyway, so we didn't see the point. If God wants us to have a special needs baby and he thinks we are strong enough then so be it. The other side of me (the planner) thought even though we wouldn't terminate, we would still want to be prepared when the baby gets here if something was wrong. Plus, I am such a worrier as it is, I think I would have worried for the next 23 weeks about whether or not things were ok. While we would have seen some signs at our next u/s, we just decided to go ahead and get the test anyway. Well the results are in and everything came back negative. BIG SIGH OF RELIEF! We also heard the heartbeat today. A beautiful 149bmp. I love that sound! That's it for now! Everyone say a little prayer that our little one is not shy on Monday, and if you still haven't cast your vote, you now only have 5 days to do so. Right now it is a tie ball game. Also, if you did vote, because I am super curious to see what you think it is, can you please leave a comment on this post and tell me what you think we are having? I am dying to know everyone's predictions. Still none for me...I am so happy to be where I am right now, I will gladly take what I am given.

2 comments:

  1. It's a girl, but maybe the secret twin is a boy! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for a little girl, cousin! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete