Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weighing in

It took me 11 months and 11 days to write this post. Yes, this is a "my body after baby post." Breastfeeding was a miracle worker for me. Seriously. For those who have been following my blog for a while, you know that my weight gain during my pregnancy was very minimal. No I didn't starve myself, nor did I worry how much I was gaining (I actually worried about how much I wasn't gaining). I was very sick for the first 3+ months which resulted in me losing weight, and my doctor putting me on Zofran in hopes of stopping any further loss. I wasn't the slimmest chicken in the coop pre-pregnancy though either. I was extremely lucky in that with in days of being discharged, I was back down to my pre-pregnancy weight and with in a week after that, I was down an additional 10 lbs. It was AWESOME, and really I was amazed at how quickly my body bounced back to its old self. While I was nursing Em, I could eat whatever I wanted; however, since I stopped breastfeeding in September, that all changed and I put on 10lbs. And it sucks. I hate to see pictures of myself, so I decided there is no better time than the present to get back on track. I did Weight Watchers a few years ago, and I did really well. I lost about 15 lbs. and kept it off for a while. It was easy to fall back into old habits though. Breakfast and lunch was a breeze, it was dinner that was hard.

Enter E-mealz. We have been doing E-meals for about 3 months now, and I think its awesome. We needed structure. There were many nights when we both got home from work and had no motivation to decide what to make for dinner, and even if we did have something in mind, there was a very slim chance that we had the ingredients we needed to make it. E-mealz is great. Weekly you print off a grocery list and menu (recipes included). It gives you all the resources you need to make dinner for 2 or for a whole family. They also choose ingredients that can be used for several meals, so there is little to no waste. I don't know how many times I purchased a tub of sour cream to only use 2 tbs. This solves that, and the menus are really good! We haven't really made anything that we didn't like. They base the menus off of weekly sales ads, so if you buy your groceries at say Wal-mart, you can get a menu each week that is based on what they have on sale. Pretty cool. In the past we have done the low fat for 2, but I was really excited to see that they had a points plan menu. SCORE! That totally solves my dinner point issue! So starting yesterday, we are getting back on track. I want to be a good example and teach Emily how to make healthy food choices. I also don't want her to be embarrassed by her overweight mom. I am determined to lose 15 pounds before my sister's wedding in April. Plenty of time for a healthy loss. Wish me luck! And seriously, if your family is having the same problem that mine had with dinner, check E-mealz out. Click the picture below and you can see what its all about.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY WITH E-MEALZ MEAL PLANS

No comments:

Post a Comment