Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Menu planning Monday...or Tuesday

Here is something that maybe not everyone knows about me. I LOVE TO COOK! Seriously. I really like it. I love to make meals for my family and I live for Sunday night dinners when I can entertain my love ones with a new recipe. You would not know this from the last 7 months, because I don't think I have cooked a single meal in that time. The first tri was because I couldn't keep anything down and nothing sounded good. The second tri was because I was just down right lazy. Now that I am in the third tri and liking food again, I figure there is absolutely no excuse as to why I am not making my wonderful husband delicious meals, since he has been doing it without complaint for me for several months. (We do eat out a lot, and both of us are sick of it too.) So because I know for a fact (and am constantly reminded by everyone who feels the need to tell me that how much my life is going to change in a few short months) that I will not have a lot of time once Emily gets here, I am going to try and cook as much as I can now.

Now, here is my disclaimer...I don't want anyone to think I am all Iron chef or anything. The truth is I am not a creative cook, but instead I stalk an assortment of about 35-40 different cooking blogs I have come across over the last 3 years in search of delicious, easy and somewhat healthy meals I can make for my family. Lately, most of the recipes I have tagged are desserts though. I am not going to lie. Sweets totally appeal to me.

So here is my menu plan for this week. We already strayed a little bit because Zig is not feeling well and I am not able to eat large portions. My attempt will be to list out a weeks worth of dinner choices, but I am not going to hold myself to making one specific meal on one specific day, but here is how I planned it in my head

Monday-Steak, jalapeno poppers, baked potato-this turned into just the later two for dinner last night. Not so healthy, but YUMMY!
Tuesday- Depending on how Zig feels tonight, Steak from last night, with a side veggie.
Wednesday - Roasted Red Pepper and Basil Pesto Penne from Annie's Eats
Thursday- Cheater home made mini pizzas-al la me (and Boboli)
Friday-Super easy chicken pot pie from Pillsbury
Saturday- Baked Ravioli from Telly's Tasty Tidbits
Sunday-Hot and sweet drumsticks, salad and a veggie
I even may get all fancy on you guys and take pictures. Maybe it will help me to be a better blogger. We will see how well this goes! Check back later for my weekly pics and update. I left my camera at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment