Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I caved...

For about 2 years now Zig has been trying to convince me to get a Tempurpedic mattress. Every time he brings it up, I shoot it down, only because the one we have is not that old. We got it when we moved into the condo and it was a really nice mattress. I am so cheap, I couldn't bare to get rid of a perfectly good mattress. So last year, I bought a 4 inch think memory foam mattress topper. WHAT WAS I THINKING! Our bed was big enough as it was (22 inch pillow top plus a 10 inch box spring), and I added 4 more inches to it. I literally have to jump into bed at night. No exaggeration. The bed comes up at least to my belly button. It has gotten REALLY hard to get in and out of bed at night and with the the multiple potty breaks I take at night, it was getting rough. This is not the only reason I caved, because I know what you are thinking "You will not be pregnant forever and those mattresses are not cheap." In reality, I couldn't find any sheets that would fit the mattress, nor could I find a comforter that would cover the mattress. It just looked tacky. The sheets literally only covered the the mattress topper and the pillow top, leaving the rest of the mattress and the box spring exposed and these were extra deep sheets. I really wish I had taken before photos. Anyway, I CAVED! We went to Mattress Firm last night and spent about an hour and a half laying on a couple different models and we fell in love. There was no leaving that store without buying the mattress. I make myself feel better by saying our old mattress was over 6 years old, it had lots of low spots, and it "fell off a truck" so we got it for a steal. Really, it is probably unethical how we ended up with that mattress. Long story short, the new mattress just got delivered and I can't wait to go to sleep tonight. AND Zig swindled a deal and we ended up getting a pretty sweet Tempurpedic pillow for free. We each already had one, but we couldn't resist trying to work out a deal.

Since we went shopping last night, I didn't get to make my easy weekday lasagna, but I have been craving it so I may add it instead of our leftover day. Tomorrow we are going over to Mom and Robert's for dinner and eating stuffed bell peppers, which is awesome because that is what I was going to make tommorrow anyway. We will be having pork chops for dinner tonight, but there is nothing fancy there.

Anyway, here's what's new this week:
How far along?: 29w5d where is the time going!
Total weight gain: +4
Stretch marks?: Nothing new to report. THANKFULLY, but to be honest I haven't checked out my behind or hips in the mirror these days...it could be scary.
Sleep?:Hopefully it will be awesome starting tonight. :) No really, it hasn't been too bad.
Best moment this week?:I took a video of mommy's view of the baby moving. I keep making Zig watch her, without thinking that my view is way different than his. I showed him and he was very entertained. We also got our car seat in the mail. It is so cute and Zig was so excited, he installed it just to try it out. I am pretty lucky to have such an involved and excited husband.
Food cravings?:I can't get enough vanilla greek yogurt with granola. I could eat it for every meal.
Labor signs?: None
Belly button in or out?: In, but it creeps me out. I don't like to think about it.
What I miss:Being cold. I never thought I would say that. I am a cold person people. I get so cold during the winter my feet and hands turn blue. All I have to say is, I am not looking forward to menopause. I have been getting hot flashes likes nobody's business. I hate to be hot.
What I'm looking forward to: Finishing the nursery!
And here are some pictures. These are from Sunday, so I was 29 w 2 d.




No comments:

Post a Comment