Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What's in a name...

So we decided on a name for our little girl, although I must admit, it is weird to call her by her name now. I still call her baby, but Zig is really good at referring to her by her name.

Our daughter's name is...::Drum roll::

Emily Alice

We really didn't have a hard time picking a name at all. We had a very short list of names that we really liked, but the one we kept going back to was Emily. It is just very simple and very sweet. Zig and I always thought we liked different unique names, but in reality, every name we picked, both boy and girl, was very traditional. Yes, we know her initials are going to be EZ. We have thought about it, but we don't care. I am sure kids may tease, but if they didn't tease her about that, they would find something else to tease her about.

As for her middle name, this was something very special to both Zig and I. We both decided before we knew what we were having, that if she was a girl, her middle name would be Alice. As luck would have it, Emily is due on my Grandma Griego's birthday. I really am a firm believer that my grandmother is watching over us up in Heaven. We have received so many signs making us believe even more, that give me a warm feeling inside. From purchasing our first home, to our first baby being due on such a memorable day...she is with us everyday in spirit. (If you haven't heard the story of our home, remind me to tell you one day. It makes me smile just thinking about it.) I know Emily may not be born on that day, but the fact that we tried for so long and it turned out this way makes me feel so happy everytime I think of it. Grandma was one of the most amazing women I know. She was the most generous, kind and loving person. She was the best grandma. Seriously, I mean that. She had an impact on every life she ever touched. I miss her so much and I think of her everyday. I miss her hugs, her warm smile, and her laugh. What a remarkable women. So we got the middle name from my grandma, Mary Alice, and it couldn't be any more perfect.

There you have it! We can't wait to meet little Emily in 16 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment