Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

My kid is like Rockstar Amazing!

Seriously. She is the easiest kid in the world. I know I say this from a very biased perspective, but honestly she has been so go with the flow, not a worry in the world, "Mom you want me to stop drinking from a bottle, done", "You want me to give up my paci, no problem," "You want me to sleep in a big girl bed, EASY." That's right, easy. She transitioned like she had been sleeping in a big girl bed her whole life. She whined for a minute, but quickly settled in for both bed time and naps. Naps these days have been a bit of a struggle on the weekends because she would rather play, but now, no big deal. She will still cry for a second, but it is more to see if we will give in than anything. Not a real cry. Just a whine.

So we made the move last Friday night. In preparation for the big change, and the new baby, we invested in a new video monitor that allows us to have 2 cameras, one for each girls room. In addition to that, the new camera allows us to pan around the room, which is helpful for if and when Emmy decides to get out of bed, we can scan the room and see what she is doing. So back to Friday, we never purchased the toddler rail for her bed, so after work we went to Babies 'R Us, to pick up a universal one. I had seen some online for like $20 bucks and thought perfect. Little did I know, their stock of these did not exist. Instead, you had to purchase a wood one that was $70. No that still is not a ton of money, but our plan was to transition Em to a bed, and then make a huge deal to move her to a big girl room, since we are going to put the baby in her room. I didn't want to pay $70 for a couple weeks of use and then have to store the thing in the closet for the next 2 years. Anyway, long story short, Zig and I made the decision to forgo the rail. Don't judge. Her bed literally sits on the floor. So we headed home, took off the front of the crib and Em was pumped! She jumped on the bed for a good 15 minutes before we put her in her jammies and got her ready for bed. We made a big deal about what a big girl she was, and she was so incredibly proud (and so were we!). I sat with her for a minute after reading her a dozen books, and finally kissed her good night and left. She sat up, cried for about 2 minutes, then laid down and passed out. We didn't hear a peep from her until the next morning. Me being the paranoid (and pregnant lady who has to pee about 10 times a night) mom that I am, I woke up and checked the monitor a few times. At one point I noticed she was sleeping on the floor next to her bed, so I assume she rolled out but she never woke up. I checked again at my next pee break and she had climbed back in. It has been smooth sailing ever since. She is actually easier to put to bed now than she has been in months.


So now we begin the shopping for the big girl furniture. I have asked her a couple of times what she wants her big girl room to look like, and her only request is that it be pink. Once we get the guest room furniture sold, we will start on her room. I think I am more excited than she is. I have always liked her nursery, but now I am excited to go all out on her room because now I think she will really appreciate it.


That being said, since baby # is a girl, we will likely just keep the same bedding and decorations for the new baby. Sounds lame, but once again, we will make a big deal about her big girl room when she is ready and I think it will be more worth it to go all out when she can appreciate it too.


Anyway, long story short. I love my little Emmy. I just pray that we are as lucky with this next little girl and she is at least have as easy as Em.

Sorry this one is a little blurry. She was jumping around like a maniac at this point.


2 comments:

  1. I love that she has her crocs on in the first picture. I'm so proud of Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a good girl that she is silent when she wakes up and destroys her room. To her credit she was just getting her buddies comfortable and she didn't escape her room and I have to say her outfit was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete