Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One week down...

Emmy's first week of daycare went really well. She did awesome eating all of her bottles and she still slept great at night. Mornings have been a little challenging because after sleeping for almost 10 hours, Em does not want to eat, she wants to socialize with Daddy! Which is weird, you would think she would be famished! He has done such an amazing job getting her ready in the morning and taking her to daycare. It is a really hard job, but he does great and doesn't get stressed like I used to when I had an early morning appointment when I was still on leave. Right now we are still putting her down and 9 and she consistenly sleeps till about 6:45, sometimes having to be woken up as late as 7. When the time changes we are going to try and push back bed time a bit, because I think she would sleep longer if we let her. Daycare is awesome. I really like her teachers. They are so good with kids. Little Brayden leaves at the end of the month, but a new little boy is going to be joining the class part time this week, but he is a little older, so Em is still the baby. The 1 year olds come over to play some times and they all love "Baby Emily." Yesterday, Emmy was quite the sleeper and so she hadn't eaten her last bottle before I got there. To avoid a potential breakdown in the car I fed it to her there, and was just cracking up at all the 1 year olds that came to play with Brayden. I loved hearing them talk to baby Emily! For some reason I think it is so funny to hear all the little babies call her baby. In my eyes they are still babies! One thing is for sure, she is going to have a lot of friends one day!

It only took 1 week for Em to get sick though. She really isn't "sick," but you can tell she doesn't feel well. She started coughing on Sunday morning and was just not herself. She was running a little warm, so we ended up giving her tylenol. Yes, I was that mom who gave her daughter tylenol and she really didn't need it. Her temp was 99.9 and I freaked. I know that the temp that the doc considers a fever is 100.4, and after reading in my book "aka the book that keeps me sane and allows me to sleep at night without leaving a million messages for the doctor in a 2 hour period" said that after 3 months, a fever is anything over 102. Good to know. Anyway, the tylenol seemed to help because she wasn't as fussy after we gave it to her. I was really worried it was going to be a rough night, but she went right to bed at her normal time and didn't get up till Dad woke her the next morning. Last night, she did get up at 4, which was REALLY rough. She only ate for about 5 mins and then was out again, but it was still hard considering I usually get up at 4:45 to get ready for work. Thankfully I took a shower last night, so I was able to sleep for a little longer. It may have had something to to with her sleeping a lot more at daycare yesterday. My poor little ladybug just was not feeling herself.

Sunday was also Emmy's 3 month birthday! We did take some pictures, but it was a little rough since she was feeling a little off. We weren't able to get too many smiles, but they are still cute. I will post some pictures tonight. Em also found her voice. She loves to talk. And recently she loves to yell and squeel. It is so funny, it makes me laugh everytime. We were able to catch some of it on video and I will try and upload that from the flip tonight. We have so much fun with her and really cherish every moment we get to spend with her!

As for work, last week really flew by. It was not nearly as hard as I thought it would be, and again I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I don't drop her off. I get to work at about 6:15 and it is nice because there is really no one here. My friend Jess gets in at about 6:45 and it is nice because I get some quite time to myself to get stuff accomplished before everyone else gets in. It is also nice because I leave at 4:25 to pick up my munchkin. I love that daycare is so close. It's weird that I used the word "nice" about 10 times in this paragraph to describe work. Pumping sucks. No pun intended. It is awful. I thought that when I went back to work, I would exclusively pump and we would give bottles, but I hate to pump. It is awful and I am lazy. Now I look forward to nursing Emmy when I get home because that is time that just she and I get to share together and she is much more efficient than she used to be. It no longer feels like a chore. I cherish that time, even though I really only get to do it twice a day. I do feel like an awful mom because it wasn't "hard" to come back to work. I miss Emmy so so much when I am away, but I really needed to do something other than sit in bed watching her sleep (don't get me wrong, I loved that though too.) Maternity leave in the winter was hard because it was so cold and I didn't want to risk her getting sick, so we literally stayed inside for 3 months. I was ready to get back to the real world. Now, after 5, I don't want to put Em down! She has grown up so much. It is amazing!

Check back for some pictures and a video later!

No comments:

Post a Comment