Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Feeling nostalgic

So I thought, how cool would it be to post a "1 year ago today" post about the day we found out we were expecting and how our lives will be forever changed. Then I remembered that day and it has since come and gone. So this will be a "1 year and 3 days ago" post. People tell you that a baby changes your life forever and that could not be more true, but I would not trade it for the world. I am more happy than I have ever been. Sure there are hard days and there are days that I am sure Zig wants to rip my head off, but I love my husband and my daughter more and more everyday. Life would be boring if it wasn't challenging in some way. Yes, life is different, but it is so much better than I could have ever imagined.

I went back and read my first few posts on this blog and I kind of snicker at the type of things I worried about back then. It all seems so silly and yet so surreal. They were right when they said you forget about all the bad things the moment you hold your child. Those early days seem like an eternity ago and it is amazing how far we have come! So here is to the best year of my life. All the tears, the struggles, the nights I stayed up late worrying about what was to come were totally worth it. I have a sweet little girl that I get to go home to every day and I get to watch her change and grow and learn with each passing minute. With every smile I fall even more in love. My heart truly is full...

2 comments:

  1. Isn't being a parent amazing? You will continue to grow to love Emily even more. It's amazing how much love our hearts are capable of producing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I remember the night before you found out you were pregnant. You made fish and chips and we decided it was a good idea to watch The Never Ending Story. You and Zig also repeated most of the lines and sang the songs. : )

    ReplyDelete