Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If the suns not up...neither am I

I almost had a heart attack this morning. Zig was in the shower and someone started to ring the doorbell. Compulsively. Like over and over and over. The dogs were barking and all I could think was someone is going to wake up the baby and I am going to flip out. Half asleep I run down stairs fling the door open forgetting that the alarm is armed. It starts beeping (it has a delay on some doors before the actual alarm sounds)and the dogs won't shut up. All the while lady at the door is telling me a ton of smoke is coming out of the chimney and she thought our house was on fire. Dogs still barking. Abby runs outside because she thinks she is tough. I am restraining Bodhi and he is FLAILING in my arms. Alarm still beeping, just about to go off. I tell the lady (I am still half asleep by the way) that our pellet stove just lit and that is why it is smoking. I can only imagine what this lady thought because I have always told Zig when it first lights, through our big window in the front of the house it really looks like its on fire. I start yelling at Abby to get in the house so I can try and run to turn the alarm off before it starts to get really loud ( I didn't make it by the way) and I don't even think I told the lady thank you. I am an a hole. She was probably thinking that I was 12 and wondering where my parents were. AND the baby didn't wake up at all! She was sound asleep when I came back upstairs. I feel like a jerk. I really hope I told the woman thank you. The whole thing didn't really register till I fully woke up about 5 mins later. I did run back out to say thank you just as she was driving off, but she didn't see me. My goal is to figure out what house she lives in and to go thank her. Way too much commotion before 6 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment