Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sophia's Birthday Party!

It can be so hard not to go completely overboard party planning, especially for a one year old.  I tried to keep her party simple.  I went with a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme and had a million ideas.  Zig really had to reign me in, but I still think it came out pretty cute.

I found this invite and party kit on etsy and rolled with it.  It came with the invite, birthday banner, party hats, food tags, thank you cards, and many many more customized printables.  We had the party in our church's fellowship hall and that was the BEST decision.  Everyone had plenty of room to spread out and it gave the kids a wide open space to be, well kids! We picked foods that followed the theme of what the Hungry Caterpillar ate and my amazingly talented sister in law made the cakes.  I purchased a hardback copy of the Very Hungry Caterpillar book and set it up on the table as the guest book.  I also set up a craft table for the kids with a coloring station, make your own caterpillar (out of construction paper) and coffee filter butterflies.  The kids went right for the crafts and it kept them entertained for quite a while.  After that, Zig became the entertainment.  Kids love Zig and he loves kids.  The flock to him and spent the remainder of the party chasing him around.  Sophia was snuggled and loved by everyone and showed off her new found independence and walking skills for most of the party.  Even though she had been teething really bad, she really enjoyed the party and especially the cake!  It was a fun day!  Per usual, I didn't take pictures of everything like I should have, but we will never forget that special day! I need to remember to be better about this sort of thing, but you really get caught up in the party and forget!  I am glad that each of us got a picture with her, but not all of us together. Oh well, there is next year! Here are some of the pictures I did manage to get! All in all, it was the perfect day!





How AWESOME is this.  My sister in law is so incredibly talented!


Kids cake. The face was Sophia smash cake





I love how in awe she is of everyone singing to her




She looks like the joker.  Haha.






Here are some more crappy Iphone pictures



No comments:

Post a Comment