Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dad's Day

A couple days late...Sunday was Zig's first Father's day and it was really uneventful. Lets back up a bit. My highschool reunion was the night before and my mom graciously volunteered to watch Em overnight. This was Em's first overnight stay away from mom and dad and she did great! Now since we didn't have to worry about keeping my up before we came home, it was kind of a late night. Needless to say we both woke up with headaches. We didn't have major plans anyway. It was just important to us that we spent the day together as a family.

In the morning, we went to breakfast with Poppy and Dad. Emily did great all through breakfast! We were there for a little over an hour and a half becuase it was busy, but Emily just sat in her chair and entertained us with her baby squeals. For the rest of the afternoon we bummed around my mom's house snuggling with Emmy when she wasn't napping and taking naps ourselves. Later that evening my mom had Larry and his family over, and Robert came over as well since JoAnn is still in Dallas snuggling up with Olivia. Zig took Emily swimming in the pool. She had such a great time! She is a little water baby that is for sure. I will post some pictures of her in her suit. She is too freaking cute! My big girl!

Overall it was a relaxing day. I felt bad that I had a hang over on Zig's first Dad's day, well that we both did, but honestly we should celebrate what an amazing father Zig is everyday. I fall more in love with him everyday. Emily thinks her dad hung the moon and so do I. He loves us both unconditionally and would do anything to make sure his girls are happy. We love him so so much and hope he knows everyday how special he is to us. You rock Babe!

On another note, my reunion was so much fun. We had a blast getting to see everyone. There were people that I was great friends with all those years ago, that unfortunately I lost touch with. It was awesome to see them all again and to catch up!

PS tomorrow I will post a bunch of pictures of our little miss. She has changed so much in the last few weeks. Check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment