Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A little bit of catching up to do...

I realize I am months behind where I should be.  This year flew by for us.  I started a new job, which I love, the girls moved to a new school, Sophia had her first birthday,  we moved houses, we traveled, Emmy turned four and the girls fell in love with Christmas! It was a pretty good year.  I have no complaints.  We stayed busy and lived life, which meant this blog was neglected a bit.  I will do my best to catch you all up!

The biggest change we had this year is we said goodbye (kind of) to our first family house and hello to a new one.  We kept our old one as a rental and that is working out really well so far.  Our new house has a pool and is so close to our parents and in a neighborhood we love.  The house is comfortable and works really well for our family. We couldn't be more excited!  Plus, it was pretty well updated when we moved in, so we only have had a few small projects for now!

Goodbye Freedom Way!
We have been in the new house for about 6 months.  I have yet to capture a photo of us out front.  In due time people.  But we have had some fun in the pool and loved entertaining in our new huge back yard!



This summer we rented a beach house in Panama City, FL with Grandma, Papa and the Kaases', which meant, Sophia had her first plane trip and both girls saw the ocean for the first time.  We spent a lot of time on the beach.  Our house had it's own private area and the sand was so soft. We spent hours each day collecting sea shells and making memories with cousins!








In September, I made my first work trip to San Francisco.  Rough life. Here is the view from my office window! Now that is the kind of work travel I could get used to.  San Francisco is really a beautiful city!

Next, as an early birthday present to Emily, we went to CA to visit Aunt Koley and Emily had her first trip to Disneyland.  What a magical experience that was!  We had an absolute blast!! That deserves it's own picture post, stay tuned!

In October, we took our annual trip to the Pumpkin Patch with the Korpan's.  This year, baby MacKenzie was with us!  We always have a great time eating lots of food and picking the perfect pumpkin!









Flash back time!  Here is Emmy in 2010, 2011, and 2012! Crazy how much she is changed!
Emmy 2010-11 months!

Emily 2011-2 years!

Emily 2012-3 years!


I tried to do the same with Sophia, but she wasn't having it this year...
Sophia 2013-20 months
Sophia 2012-8 months
Then came Halloween!  We always have a great time carving pumpkins.  It was super cold this year on Halloween so we took the girls to a few houses in the neighborhood and headed home to pass out our own candy, which I think Emmy liked more.








We celebrated Emily's 4th birthday this year and had an amazing Christmas, both of which I have already scheduled blogs about.  We really had a great year!  We are looking forward to what 2014 has to offer, but if it was just like 2013, we'd be just as happy!  Here are a few other randoms!

Balloon Fiesta

Trip to the dentist! Sophia's first!

Sweet sisterly love


Emmy's first ever movie!

3 comments:

  1. You have no idea how excited I get when I see you've posted! I totally understand why you've been away from the blog though... holy moly, you guys have done a ton in the past year! The new house is beautiful and the picture of Sophia on the beach in her little pink bathing suit is my absolute favorite, hehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know on the pool.

    I'll start shopping for a swimsuit. ;)

    Glad you're back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks friends! I am really trying to make an effort to get on here more. It's so hard!

    ReplyDelete