Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Friday, August 3, 2012

Solids

We recently started Sophia on Solids right around the time she turned about 4 1/2 months old.  We first started with cereal/oatmeal and she did great. We are going to slowly start introducing vegetables, similar to what we did with Emily and then when she can sit up unsupported we will start baby led weaning with her.  I talk a little bit about the process here.  I don't really like the word "weaning" because we are by no means weaning her from breast milk.  We are supporters of the whole "food is fun till 1" ideology, and will continue to offer milk as her main source of nutrition.  So I will refer to it more as baby led solids.  :) I didn't do a great job of documenting our journey of BLS with Emmy, and it's not sure likely I will with Sophia either, considering my current track record, but I will do the best I can.  So far Soph seems to really be enjoying food thus far.  She chows down on her rice cereal and oatmeal.  We can't shovel it in fast enough. As for veggies, she has only had avocado (hates) and peas (so far so good).  I'll continue to introduce a new veggie every 4 days to make sure there is no reaction, which I really don't anticipate and then probably around 6 months, we are game on for BLS.  I am excited.  It was really fun to watch Emmy explore her solids on her own and it's amazing what she was capable of eating by herself. 

Here are some pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment