Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Monday, May 3, 2010

5 months

I can't believe Emily is already 5 months old. She is developing such a great personality. I love watching her grow everyday. Here is what Emily is up to now.
*She can put herself to sleep like a champ at bed time and nap time. I thank daycare everyday for this. I can literally swaddle her with a recieving blanket, pop in her binki (naps only) and she will pass out in seconds. We are really working on getting her to nap in her crib during the day. Right now she takes one long nap there and naps in her boppy on the bed or in her swing for her shorter naps.
*She still takes some sort of nap after every meal. Some are cat naps and she usually has one long nap a day.
*She is a blankie girl. If she starts to get fussy and rub her eyes, all she needs to go down for a nap is a blanket touching her face and sometimes her binkie. At first I was worried that she would suffocate, but we give her a light receiving blankt to hold, or I swaddle her so the blanket is touching her face some how. She will crash immediatly with her blankies. She doesn't like one over the other, any blanket will do.
*She eats 5-6 oz of milk 6 times a day. Earilier in the day she eats less, but later she can suck down a 6 oz bottle in no time.
*She can roll from tummy to back and back to belly. I love watching her flip herself over. She is really starting to like tummy time and floor time because she can decide how she wants to lay on the floor.
*She LOVES her feet. Seriously loves them. She would be so happy if she could chew on them all day long.
*She can hold her weight on her legs FOREVER! I am going to have super mom arms here soon form holding her in a standing position all.day.long. She loves to stand
*She can sit really well assisted and can hold herself for about a minute unassisted before she slumps over in order to put her feet in her mouth. I think is is really capable of sitting up, but would rather nom on her toes all day.
*She smiles at everything. She is usually really happy, but has her fussy moments.
*She eats oatmeal for dinner every night about 45 mins before her last bottle. She loves oatmeal. We tried to give her green beans the other night, but they upset her tummy.
*She consistently slept through the night every night last week ::knocks on wood.:: except for the night that she at the green beans. Poor little girl.
I bought a bunch of different stage 1 veggies and fruits to try over the next month. I want to get a feel for what she likes before I spend the time to make her food. Then it is game on. I am actually excited to try it out. We will try all the veggies first and for 4 days in a row to see if she has any kind of reaction. Most stage 1 foods are really low on the allergen level, but some are still gassy foods (ie. green beans). Once we have tried all the veggies, we will try fruits. By 6 months or so, I would like her to have fruit and cereal as a snack during the day and then veggie and oatmeal for dinner.
Anyway, enough talk. Let's get to the cuteness!


First bite of oatmeal. Not so sure....
This is her very serious, "I have something really important to tell you mom" face.



Sitting up like a big girl. Just seconds before she folded in half to nom on her feet.


Big girl smiles!
I am the funniest person ever!
"Excuse me mom. I am a little busy here nomming on my socks!"
Ha ha! I wonder what happend to bring on this face.
Check out that drool
This is her new favorite position as long as she has a good grasp on her toes. If not she will fling herself back in a mini tantrum till she get them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment