Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz15eeZanJO

Monday, October 26, 2009

Baby Shower

First of all, I cannot help but laugh about the topics that my husband likes to blog about. He is such a man. However, he is in the peak of his nesting. I am waiting to catch up, but I think I am almost there. Tonight is Operation Organization. We have to organize the pellets for the pellet stove, since they have to be stored inside, that will make it a little more challenging, since the garage is already pretty packed. And I spent about 3 hours yesterday pulling tags off all the cute little baby clothes, hats, socks, blankets, burp clothes, you name it and sorting into washable piles, so all that has to go back in all the drawers upstair. Whew, I get tired just thinking about it.

So the Shower was AWESOME! I am so so lucky to have such amazing friends and family (and a lot of them.) We really truly are blessed. We had about 45 people show up for the shower, which is more than I could have imagined. I am not going to lie. It was a little overwhelming with all the people. I felt so bad that I couldn't sit down and really talk to everyone who took time out of their busy lives to celebrate with us. It really meant the world to me! I can't thank everyone enough. Emily is one spoiled and very loved little girl. We had a guest list of about 60, so the turn out was really awesome. I know what you are thinking! 60 people! Yes that is a lot of people, but each person on the list was really important to us and has supported us in some capacity in our lives. There was no narrowing the list down.

For those of you who couldn't make it to the Shower, I am not going to lie, you did miss out! Not because you missed seeing me, but you missed all the hardwork and detail our families put into it. Rebecca did an amazing job of planning decorations, handmaking all the invites, and picking out games, and much much more. She planned this shower pretty much from the moment she knew we were expecting. Nicole and mom cleaned the house spotless and coordinated the food. Jenn make the most delicious moist cake I think I have ever eaten and the cutest cookies I have ever seen. Vange, my Aunt's and JoAnn made sure that everyone was well catered too and that everything went as smoothly as possible. It was great. My friend Erin, who flew in from Phoenix was the in house photographer and took over 250 pictures (she's a little crazy, but I love her), so hopefully I will get some up in the next few days. It was so good to see everyone. I have recently been reunited with some of my best friends from high school and they all came on Saturday. Also, Cissy took time out of her REALLY busy life (she has an almost 4 month old baby herself) and flew down for literally less than 24 hours to be there for me. Honestly, I cannot stress enough how blessed I am. I really get choked up thinking about how loved we truly are by so many and that we love everyone so much in return, we just hope you all know that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone from the bottom of my heart for everything you do for Sean and I. We love each of you so much and are so so grateful that you are in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment